Join us in Brockville for Canada’s 150th!
Only 1 hour (by car) from the Ottawa, the Nation’s Capital, and located on the St. Lawrence River right off of the 401 highway, we are an ideal place to stop on your way to celebrate. Extend your vacation getaway and plan a few days in Brockville. With lots to see and do and events happening year round, we know you will find plenty of reasons to make Brockville your vacation destination.
To stay up to date on local Canada 150 celebrations all year, keep your eye on this page to get updates on events, stories, contests, promotions and ways for you to celebrate within our community. You can also visit our online events calendar and use the ‘Canada 150’ event category to select events happening each month that are related to Canada’s 150th anniversary of Confederation, and check out our blog to read about the newest initiatives in detail.
Some of the upcoming programs include:
- Check out the newly opened exhibit “How Brockville Celebrated the Centennial” at the Brockville Museum
- Brockville Celebrates 150 Years of History in 150 Days for Canada 150 – launches February 1st on the Brockville Museum’s Facebook page
- “Celebrate and Decorate” Canada 150 contest (details can be found here)
- Discounts for locals on Canadian flags from the Tourism gift shop in May and June
- Printed calendar of local Canada 150 events – now available!
- June-August: Oh Canada Art Show and People’s Choice Awards
- June-August: Display of 150 Great Canadian Books at the Brockville Public Library
- July 1st: Join us in Brockville for an extra special Canada Day!