Canada 150 “Celebrate and Decorate” Contest
To celebrate Canada’s 150th Anniversary of Confederation, Brockville & 1000 Islands Tourism is encouraging local residents and business owners to show their Canadian Pride by decorating their front doors, porches, and windows with red and white and to fly a Canada flag throughout the year.
All residents who sign up to participate will be entered into a draw to win a Canada 150 prize pack valued at over $200. Businesses are invited to register and compete to win a business prize pack valued at over $1000 (scroll down to read the business contest rules)
Local Resident Contest:
Residents are invited to print and fill out the following required information and turn in your ballot to the Brockville & 1000 Islands Tourism Office. Filling out a ballot indicates your intent to participate in the “Celebrate & Decorate” program: you agree to decorate or fly a Canadian flag or Canada 150 flag from June 19th (or earlier) to August 12th (the opening of Canada’s First Railway Tunnel), and longer if possible.
Residents of Brockville, Elizabethtown-Kitley, Athens, and Augusta will be able to purchase Canada Flags at a discounted price when they sign up at the Tourism Office Gift Shop from May-June, 2017.
Turn in your ballot to the Brockville & 1000 Islands Tourism Office, located at 10 Market Street West, Brockville, ON, K6V 4R7
Limit one ballot per household. Residents who share a photo of their home on social media flying a Canada flag, Canada 150 flag, or displaying decorations inspiring Canadian Pride and share them via the Snap’d App will be eligible for a second entry. (Search on the Snap’d App for Celebrate & Decorate Canada 150 Contest on August 12, 2017)
Business Contest Details:
- Businesses are encouraged to participate by decorating their storefronts, signage, or shop windows and will compete to win a grand prize valued at over $1000.
- Businesses are encouraged to decorate starting in May. Campaign focus will be on the month of June, with judging to take place during the month of July and winner announced on August 12th. Businesses are encouraged to keep their Canadian decorations up as long as possible.
- Judging will take place during the month of July. Businesses will be judged in the following categories: creativity, ability to catch your eye, overall theme, and tie-in to your business. There will be a chance to score extra points for both interior and exterior decorating.
- The grand prize winner will win a business prize pack valued at over $1000 and will include: $200 off their Brockville & District Chamber of Commerce Membership, an ad in the 2018 Brockville & 1000 Islands Road Map, and ¼ page ad in snap’d 1000 islands
- Snap’d 1000 Islands will coordinate a photographer to send to each business location throughout the month of July.
- Last day to register to be eligible for prizes: June 28th
- Winners will be announced on August 12th following the Canada 150 Parade and Grand Opening Ceremonies of Canada’s First Railway Tunnel. The winning business must have their decorations in effect on August 12th to maintain their winning status.