This Family Day (Monday, February 20th) spend the day exploring indoors and outdoors all over town for special activities and programming planned just for that day!
The Aquatarium will be offering a jam-packed day of family fun and activities on Family Day:
- 50% off all admissions
- 10:00am-11:00am: animated Storytime in the Singer Castle Library (more geared toward the younger ones)
- 11:00am-12:00pm: free family pictures taken with Oscar the Otter at the green screen.
- 12:00pm: popcorn and a movie in the theatre ‘Trolls’
- 1:30pm-2:30pm: astronomy presentation in the Pilot House using the Planetarium
- Ongoing throughout the day: optional programming utilizing the Ropes Course. At each element of the course, there will a team building challenge for participants to complete together. All challenges/tasks are designed to foster trust, communication, and problem-solving.
In addition, on Saturday, Sunday and Monday they will have three family friendly movies starting with Finding Dory that you can view in the theatre for no additional charge.
This Family Day, the Brockville Museum is pleased to once again offer our Back Pack Program to visiting families.
Loaded with interesting things and fun activities, your self-directed scavenger hunt through the museum will reveal behind-the-scenes stories that most visitors never get to hear.
The Brockville Museum is open 10:00 am – 5:00 pm on Family Day, and don’t forget that admission is by donation (the backpacks are provided as a FREE activity with admission).
The Brockville Public Library will be celebrating the opening of their newly renovated Childrens Room
- 10-10:30am for opening speeches,
- Children’s performer between 10:30-11:30am with refreshments being served.
- ‘Trolls’ will be playing at noon
Mac Johnson Wildlife Area will be hosting a Family Day Skate 10am-3pm
Join us for a special day of family activities. Bring out your skates and skis and skate on the pond or ski on the cross-country ski trails. The ice slide will be open. From 10am to noon, join in on the ski and snowshoe challenge. You can bring your lunch or buy something at the barbecue.
Maitland Snowfest at the MERC Hall, Maitland
Skating,Skiing, Snowshoeing throughout the day (dependent on ice and trail conditions)
- 9-11am $2 Pancake Breakfast
- 10am Happy 150 Birthday Canada
- 10:30am Horse & Wagon Rides
- 11:30am Maitland Firemen & Outdoor Games
- 12:30pm Kids Snow Soccer with Firemen
- 1-2pm Karate for kids (indoors)
- 2-3pm Hockey Game
How will you spend your Family Day?